Wednesday, April 30

Cyber Shower Party

Happy Panda is throwing a Cyber Shower Party for Margie of Chesapeake Ribbons and the new blog Gunning It. They are giving aways some great prizes, my top picks are (I tried to stop at five):
Stuff for Sprouts
Hanes
Boca Beth
Happy Panda
Good Thoughts Paper Company
The Diaper Clutch

See my Designs by Shauna

Now what is a shower with out some games.


#1 Guess how many jelly beans are in the baby bottle





I guess 73 jelly beans





#2 Best Baby Bump Picture


This is a picture of me with Princess A two days before I had Princess G.

My Mom had come to watch Princess A and we had taken a walk around our neighborhood. I had been on been rest for 6 weeks and had just been allowed to return to normal activities.

A side note: I loved those sweats. They were my most favorite sweats I have ever owned. I almost did not want to lose the baby fat just so I could still wear them (I did say almost) lol.



#3 How many diapers are in the diaper cake


I guess 54 diapers


#4 Share your birth story.



With Princess A I had an appointment on my due date to check the amniotic fluid levels (I had to go in every three days). It was the first appointment DH could not attend, his reserve unit had just been activated. Well they check my amniotic fluid and the level are fine but my heart is racing. They started asking my lots of questions. Have you had any coffee? Cold medication? Any medication? Are you on any illegal drugs? Now if you knew me you would laugh, I rarely drink (a few times a decade) and I have never taken illegal drugs. I don't even like taking aspirin. They then tried to trick me into admitting I was on something. I had not even had any chocolate, coffee or soda. Eventually they decided that since my heart rate was over 130 beats per minute they would induce me (it was my due date.) Eventually my DH arrives and they start to induce me. They then had a rush of deliveries and slowed down my inducement. When the real labour started it was very fast. Before I knew it I had my baby. She was so beautiful. My DH cried and asked if he could hold her. Later I nursed her and then asked if I could eat. I have never been so hungry in my life!! After I ate I just held her for hours and marveled at the miracle she is!

OK another side note. My heart rate was still over 120 beats per minute two days later and they wanted to send me home! I refused to leave. The next day my heart was back to normal so I checked out of the hospital (they never did determine why my heart was racing). We rushed home to beat a huge storm, it hit with a vengeance 20 minutes after we got home.

2 comments:

  1. Great story! You look great in your photo. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever realized that when you buy readymade suits you get a choice of only a few colors & styles, also finding the perfect fit are quite difficult? Wouldn’t it be better to choose from over 2000 different British & Italian fabrics and get a tailor made suit at a similar price that you pay for readymade suits?

    We are a company based in Hong Kong and have been providing custom made suits & shirts since 1997. With representatives in major cities around the globe we can arrange to show you the fabric samples and take your measurements, or you can also place your orders online with the help of our measuring guide. There are over 2000 fabrics to choose from along with all the latest styles.

    All our suits and shirts are produced by highly skilled Shanghainese tailors in Hong Kong and delivered in about 4 weeks, express delivery can be made in 2 weeks at a minor extra cost. In case you are not able to find what you are looking for then please let us know your requirement may it be in words or by a photograph and we could arrange it for you.

    We also have an outlet at the Hotel Intercontinental Budapest where you are most welcome to visit us. Though we are not located in streets like Savile Row (London), we have still been able to offer made to measure suits to many VIP’s from around the world.

    Experience an easier way of shopping for bespoke suits & shirts at Euro Tailors

    Kenny Surtani

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and I do read all of them. Please be patient, if you do not see your comment right away, sometimes I forget to check everyday :)