Sunday, November 14

Art Docent Examples

A parent at my daughters' school has started an Art Docent program.

Basically a parent volunteer teaches an art concept to a class.

A list of projects, supplies and instruction are provided to the volunteer and they teach it to the class.
I am going to be the volunteer for both of my girls' classes.

I also volunteered to make some of the example the Art Docents will share with the class they teach.
Here is the project Princess G made. She made different patterns on strips of paper and then she glued it on the black paper.
For Princess A's project she traced cardboard shaped to make a building and then colored it in. The girls actually made each of the projects but I showed the example they made for the art project appropriate to their grade. We had so much fun and I can't wait until I actually teach a class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and I do read all of them. Please be patient, if you do not see your comment right away, sometimes I forget to check everyday :)