Saturday, December 25

Our Gingerbread House

We finally made our gingerbread house. The girls have been looking at the kit for a while and could not wait to get started. Princess A was in charge of the icing and was very good at it. The girls did all of the decorating themselves (I did smooth the icing/snow on the roof for them.) Right after I took this picture the whole house collapsed. I was able to rebuild the house but this time we let each step set for over an hour each time. Luckily when the house collapsed only the icicles on the roof line fell off, everything else stayed on. The girls designed and placed all of the candies by themselves but I did give them the idea for the candy cane heart.
I must say that using a kit is the way to go. The girls can't wait to start eating the house after Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and I do read all of them. Please be patient, if you do not see your comment right away, sometimes I forget to check everyday :)