Saturday, November 15

The Widow Clicquot


I was sent The Widow Clicquot to review I really enjoyed the whole book. I have been reading some fluff lately and this book reminded me why I love books that have some substance to them, especially one with history. The book is about the Widow Clicquot
The story of the visionary young widow who built a champagne empire, showed the world how to live with style, and emerged a legend

The book not only follows the life of an extrodinary woman it also is a book that explores what it was like for the middle class at that time in France. The book starts a few years before the French Revolution and follows the life of Barbe-Nicole as a child, getting married and eventually become a widow. That is when the story really takes off as the Widow Clicquot takes over the Champagne company that was struggling under her husbands command and creates and empire. You will have to read the book to find out what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and I do read all of them. Please be patient, if you do not see your comment right away, sometimes I forget to check everyday :)