Sunday, May 15

Review: Orblue Silicone Cast Iron Skillet Handle Cover

A few years ago I got rid of all of my nonstick pans and bought a cast iron pan to use instead.  (If nonstick pans become overheated the fumes released can kill pet birds which we have.)  It took me a little while to get used to a cast iron pan but one think I still have a problem with is forgetting how hot the handle can become.  I have burned my hand more than once so I can up with some different ways to decrease the chances of burning myself again.  I pointed the handle straight back (but that made the back burner unavailable) or I placed a potholder over the handle (it usually fell off).  Neither of these were good solutions but now I have the perfect solution: Orblue Silicone Cast Iron Skillet Handle Cover.  The handle just slips on, stays on, and doesn't get hot.  As soon as it arrived I slipped it onto my cast iron pan and have not removed.  I feel much safer for myself and my family with the cover protecting us.  If I ever get another cast iron pan (I have been thinking of getting a different size) I will make sure I order another Orblue Silicone Cast Iron Skillet Handle Cover.  I would definitely recommend having one for your cast iron pan even if you don't try and grab the cast iron handle a guest might, especially a child, and this handle keeps them safe from a burn.  I know it has kept me safe from burning myself!

Disclosure: I received the products mentioned for free.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and I do read all of them. Please be patient, if you do not see your comment right away, sometimes I forget to check everyday :)