Monday, October 19

Joshua Bell: At Home With Friends Review


As my husband I listened to Joshua Bell's new album At Home With Friends we both thought the same thing: perfect for a dinner party! The music is just so lovely but each song is a little different. Instead trying to come up with a playlist when friends come over just play this cd. I was most excited about listening to My Funny Valentine featuring Kristin Chenoweth (I just loved her on Pushing Daisies). All of the songs are so lovely and I know we will be listening to them over and over. Here is the complete song list:


I Loves You Porgy featuring Chris Botti, trumpet

Come Again featuring Sting, vocals

Oblivion featuring Carel Kraayenhof, bandoneon

Cinema Paradiso featuring Josh Groban, vocals

Para Tí featuring Tiempo Libre, various

My Funny Valentine featuring Kristin Chenoweth, vocals

Maybe So featuring Edgar Meyer Sam Bush and Mike Marshall, strings

Grieg: Sonata No. 3 featuring Sergei Rachmaninoff (Zenph re-performance)

Eleanor Rigby featuring Frankie Moreno, piano & vocals

O, Cease Thy Maiden Fair featuring Nathan Gunn, baritone

Il Postino featuring Carel Kraayenhof, bandoneon

Left Hand Song featuring Regina Spektor, piano & vocals
Chovendo Na Roseira featuring Dave Grusin, piano

Look Away featuring Edgar Meyer, bass and Chris Thile, mandolin

Variant Moods: Duet for Sitar & Violin featuring Anoushka Shankar, sitar

I'll Take Manhattan featuring Marvin Hamlisch, piano

Left Hand featuring Regina Spektor, vocals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and I do read all of them. Please be patient, if you do not see your comment right away, sometimes I forget to check everyday :)