Thursday, May 14

Fancy Nancy Tea Party

Our library had a Fancy Nancy Tea Party. I found out about it over a month ago and we have been waiting and waiting. The girls couldn't wait for the party. They poured apple juice from a real tea pot into real tea cups. They also had mini marshmallows in place of sugar cubes. Of course that meant the girls put the marshmallows in their apple juice. A very nice array of cookies was also available, doesn't it look so sweet.
My girls had a few of each kind, yummy!
A local company, that hosts tea parties in people homes, was the sponsor. The owner came around and gave the girls a few pointers in etiquette.
Notice Princess A has her pinkie up, well sort of.

Next the girls listened to the librarian reading Fancy Nancy and the Posh Puppy and Fancy Nancy's Favorite Fancy Words. Which are two of my girls' favorite books.Lastly they each got to make their own tiara (fancy for crown) with five jewels each, very fancy!!
A perfect party for some very posh princesses.


3 comments:

  1. That looks like fun! My 4 year old would've loved it!

    You asked about my bread recipe. The one I use is from here: http://awaistisaterriblething.blogspot.com/2007/09/calamity-janes-whole-wheat-bread-recipe.html

    I found that blog hopping one day and LOVE it! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing party! I wish I had a girl and I wish our library did cool parties like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and I do read all of them. Please be patient, if you do not see your comment right away, sometimes I forget to check everyday :)