Sunday, April 15

Review: The Beauty Book (for kids)

Princess A inhales books, so I am constantly trying to find quality books for her to read.  She is only in third grade but reads above a 6th grade level and even eigth grade or higher books on occassion.  My problem is the content of these books.  It is important that she reads books that are not too mature for her.  Princess A also wears glasses which luckily she loves.  She has not experienced any teasing for her glasses or anything else about how she looks.  I know that we might not always be so fortunate.  I know that in our society looks and beauty can sometimes define a person's self worth.  I want my girls to look their best but also not worry or obsess about how they look. 
I like that The Beauty Book talks about beauty and how to talk care of your self but from a point of view that shows you that the inside matters the most.  Princess A loved all of the little beauty tips and Princess A has already started following some of them on her own.  This is a great book for girls age 7 to 12.  Princess A is 9 so she is the perfect age.  Princess G is only 6 and has not shown any interest in the book.  She did like some of the tips her sister shared with her.  My niece is almost 13 but I still think that this book would still be a benefit for her so I will try and see if she will read it.
I reccomend this for any little girl that is headed toward tweens.  The book has great tips for beauty but does not leave the impression that beauty is the most important thing and I love that!


I received this book from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com, a book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and I do read all of them. Please be patient, if you do not see your comment right away, sometimes I forget to check everyday :)