Sunday, December 19

Vittorio Grigolo "The Italian Tenor"‏ Review



My husband loves listening to opera music and he was very excited when I was Sent Vittorio Grigolo's The Italian Tenor. As soon as the CD arrived he listened to the music so he could pick his favorites to put on his ipod. He put the whole album and is still enjoying the music. I love listening to the music too. If I close my eyes I can imagine that I am in Italy. I just feel transported when I listen to the mesmerizing music. A beautiful album that I would recommend to anyone and especially those who enjoy arias.

From Sony:

The Italian Tenor presents arias from three great operatic composers - Gaetano Donizetti, Giuseppe Verdi and Giacomo Puccini. These include Donizetti's “Una furtiva lagrima” (L'Elisir d'Amore) which was made famous by Enrico Caruso, whose famous performance of the aria paved the way for the opera's return to the repertoire after years of neglect. Equally as beautiful is “Spirto gentil” (La Favorita) in which the lead character laments the loss of his love forever.

I was not compensated for this post. I was provide a copy of the album to facilitate my honest option.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and I do read all of them. Please be patient, if you do not see your comment right away, sometimes I forget to check everyday :)