Wednesday, July 8

My First Bike

I remember going to Toys 'R Us to pick out my first bike. It was pink and white with a white basket with plastic flowers on the front. We had a long driveway (three pairs of cars fit easily) and I rode my bike back and forth all the time. We lived on a dangerous street that was curvy and cars drove 30 to 40 MPH, if not more. We also did not have sidewalks so the driveway was the only place to ride. It wasn't very long before I was asking my Dad to take the training wheels off. Dad kept putting it off so I had to wait until my grandparents came to visit and I talked Grandpa into taking them off. He was great at taking the wheels off but was not good at helping me to learn how to ride the bike on my own. I fell and really scrapped up my knee and after he yelled at me I refused to ride my bike. After they left I went outside and taught myself. It was so exciting to race up and down the driveway over and over!! I still love riding bikes. Growing up we even took our bikes sometimes on vacation.

5 Minutes for Mom is having a contest to win two Strider Running Bikes! Princess G would just adore one of these Balance Bikes sold at Pedal Cars and Retro Collectibles.

1 comment:

  1. I don't remember my first bike, unless you count my sister's. I remember learning how to ride on her bike and then it became our bike.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and I do read all of them. Please be patient, if you do not see your comment right away, sometimes I forget to check everyday :)