Wednesday, May 4

Review: Maxam Marble Mortar and Pestle

I have always wanted a mortar and pestle.  I have used them before but never owned one, and now I do!  Freshly ground herbs just add something special to your food, plus the smell is divine.  I have not tried grinding anything else, well except rice.  Did you know that before you use your stone or marble mortar and pestle there is a specific way to clean it?  Well I did not until now.  I read many websites and the consensus is to first rinse well (but don't use soap as it will end up in whatever you grind later.  Once it is really dry then grind up white rice at least three times.  The grinding of the rice helps clean out any marble dust created when it was made.  Once all that is done my Maxam mortar and pestle is ready to use!  I can't wait to try making more than just ground spices, I heard it is the best way to make guacamole.  I will have to test that theory!

Disclosure: I received the products mentioned for free.  Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and I do read all of them. Please be patient, if you do not see your comment right away, sometimes I forget to check everyday :)