Monday, February 9

Valentine's for School and Crayon Craft

Princess A is writing out her Valentine's for for each classmate (she picked Disney Princesses with a few Tinkerbells for the boys). She wanted a little something to add to the valentines so we made some crayon hearts. I have been collecting broken crayons for a while and after peeling off the paper Princess A arranged them in this heart pan. I cooked them at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 to 10 minutes until they were fully melted.

Once they were cooled (I put them in the freezer to speed up the process since we did two batches) I popped them out. Princess G got to pick her favorite one to keep. She then ran up stairs to put it in her treasure box. I then started imagining crayon marks all over the house and I made the girls promise to keep their hearts in a sandwich bag at all times.

I wrapped each heart in plastic wrap by gathering the plastic wrap at the top as if I was going to tie a bow around it (though I did not). I then tucked the heart inside the folded Valentines and stapled it closed in such a way that the heart is attached to the top of the Valentine (when it is later opened.) Of course Princess made a Valentine for herself, she remembered that she made one for herself last year for Pre-K and now believes that since she has to have a Valentine for everyone in her class that includes herself.
I hope the kids like them and that no one thinks it is candy, I think I will warn the teacher tomorrow just in case.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog! your girls are really cute! you have some great ideas on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful idea! i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Noreen! You are the lucky winner of my giveaway package! email me
    sarah@sarahblankstudios.com
    with your address so I can send it on its way!!
    ps your girls are soooo sweet!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Love it! I will have to remember that for when my dd is a little older.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute crayons! I love that heart shaped pan....it would be perfect for making bath bombs too:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute girls! I love these crayons! Thanks for your comment and your link!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and I do read all of them. Please be patient, if you do not see your comment right away, sometimes I forget to check everyday :)