Monday, May 19

Bertolli Dinner for Two

I love these Bertolli Dinner for Two on nights that I don't have enough time to make a meal from scratch (or days when it is too hot to be in the kitchen long). I find for myself that the there is a bit too much sauce for the amount of pasta. I usually cook up about half a pound of pasta (I try and match the pasta used in the frozen meal.) Princess A does not like most sauces so I usually just give her the plain pasta with the veggies and meat picked out of the Bertolli Dinner. I add the rest of the pasta to the Bertolli Dinner and it is enough for all of us for dinner. We don't usually have leftover for DH to take to work but it is just enough for dinner. I give the girls some cut up fruit and veggies and make a salad for DH and myself. As for cooking I just pour the bag into a skillet, cover, stir once after 5 minutes and after another 5 minutes it is done. I mention this because around here the regular price is from $6.99 to $8.99. Today I went to Albertson's and if you buy the bags in increments of 5 bags you end up paying $4. The Bertolli Dinner for Two are $6 each but for every $15 you spend they take $5 off the total. So if you buy 5 @ $6 the total is $30 take $5 off twice and the total you pay is $20 for 5 meals. The last day for the deal is tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Those dinners are yummy - perfect for busy nights when you need something fast! What a good idea to add extra pasta to "stretch" the meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just won the fun $30 GC from Announcements Galore from Hip Mama's Place!

    Congratulations!

    Pls send your address information to hipmamasplace.at.gmail.dot.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we eat these for dinner almost 1 night per week as well. they taste amazing, have so many ingredients included and are so quick and easy to make. i should blog on this too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we eat these for dinner almost 1 night per week as well. they taste amazing, have so many ingredients included and are so quick and easy to make. i should blog on this too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and I do read all of them. Please be patient, if you do not see your comment right away, sometimes I forget to check everyday :)