Thursday, November 26

Happy Thanksgiving and Best Dinner Roll Recipe!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!


I hope you are all having a wonderful and yummy day together. It is just the four of us for the Thanksgiving Feast, as Princess A calls it. I made my Grandma Babe's stuffing, turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy and dreamy crescent rolls. My husband's cousin Catherine came by for dessert with her fiance and he brought his mom's yam pie. It was so yummy! They are getting married in about two weeks and the girls will be two of her four flower girls. They are so excited!

Now here is the recipe for the rolls, so yummy and not that hard to make. I made mine in my Kitchenaid mixer but you could do it by hand too:


NEVER FAIL REFRIGERATOR ROLL

1c. milk
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. sugar
1 scant T. yeast
1/4 c. warm water
2 t. sugar
3 eggs, beaten
4 c. flour
1 1/2 t. salt

  1. Melt together milk, butter and sugar, don't scorch. Set aside to cool.
  2. Dissolve yeast in warm water. (Add just a pinch of sugar to aid in dissolving the yeast.) Set aside.
  3. Combine eggs and sugar and beat.
  4. Add the milk mixture and yeast and blend.
  5. Add the flour and salt and stir.(Or just do it all with your kitchen aid- that's what I did)
  6. Put in fridge overnight, covered tightly.

Next day (note I made half one day and the other half the day after.)

  1. Two hours before you want to serve the rolls, roll the dough into a circle on a floured surface. Your dough will be sticky, so use enough flour. (I made a rectangle a size of floured wax paper that I rolled it out on.)
  2. Spread with softened or melted butter.
  3. Cut into 24 pie shaped wedges (or if using half a batch, 12 rolls) and roll up like a croissant.
  4. Let rise 2 hours at room temperature.
  5. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.


    Thank you Anna Marie of Tangled and True for this great recipe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and I do read all of them. Please be patient, if you do not see your comment right away, sometimes I forget to check everyday :)